Due to the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions, we are maintaining measures to avoid contact wherever possible and enhance social distancing. This now includes the requirement to wear face coverings.
Please see below guidance on the protocols we currently have in place when attending the Hospital and Diagnostic Centre.
- No clients are permitted within our Hospital and our Diagnostic Centre, except to drop off and collect horses. If remaining on site, you will be required to wait in the lorry park with your vehicle.
- All paperwork will need to be completed electronically before you arrive.
- When on site and within the Hospital or Diagnostic Centre buildings, a suitable face covering MUST be worn. This requirement does not extend to the lorry park, unless you have requested assistance with the loading and/or handling of your horse.
- Access to the Hospital and Diagnostic Centre, including yards, is for approved purposes only, specifically: when attending reception, dropping off/collecting your horse or, in exceptional circumstances, when invited to a specific individual consultation or viewing with the clinician.
- On arrival, ONE person may enter the Hospital reception to inform staff that they have arrived. Outside of our normal office hours, you will be given a mobile number to call.
- You will be instructed to unload your horse and walk towards the gates next to reception, where a member of our team will meet you and show you to a stable. Once your horse is in a stable, please return to your vehicle.
- If your horse is being dropped off for investigations, then you may go home straightaway and all communications will be carried out over the telephone.
- If your horse is being seen as an outpatient, then please remain in the lorry park until you are notified that your horse is ready to collect. Seating is available on the grass adjacent to the lorry park. Please be mindful when using the picnic benches to keep your distance from others.
- The waiting room in the Diagnostic Centre building is currently closed, so unfortunately refreshments will not be available. However, the Diagnostic Centre foyer is open and there is a toilet and water available for clients. If using these facilities, please avoid congregating in thoroughfares and please return to your vehicle as soon as possible.
- If you are likely to need help loading or handling your horse, please consider bringing a helper with you; however, we ask that you keep the number of people with you to a minimum.
Please respect and adhere to the necessary Covid-19 control measures currently in place (including face covering, social distancing and hand sanitising) as these are designed to keep you, our other clients and our staff safe.
Thank you for your co-operation.
We look forward to welcoming you to the hospital and want to reassure you that we are committed to providing the highest level of care for your horse or pony at all times. If you have any questions about the above guidance ahead of your visit, you develop clinical signs suggestive of Covid-19 infection, or you have been in direct contact with anyone showing clinical signs, please contact us by telephone as soon as possible.
If your horse needs urgent veterinary attention, please call our 24-hour emergency response teams on 01638 663150 (Newmarket clients), 01462 790221 (Hertfordshire clients) or 01488 683522 (Lambourn clients).
Back to news & events