Location: British Racing School, Snailwell, Newmarket
Date: 17th January 2018 at 00:00
Duration: 2 days
Scientific organiser: Emily Haggett
The Rossdales Foal Care Course is back next year.
The course will be administered by Whorl Publishing Limited.
The ninth Rossdales Foal Care Course will follow the same successful format as previous courses with lectures and a case-based interactive session. The programme has been designed by Emily Haggett, Rossdales specialist foal care clinician.
Speakers will include internationally recognised foal care experts Peter Morresey (Rood & Riddle, Kentucky, USA), Kevin Corley (Veterinary Advances, Ireland) and Sandy Taylor (Purdue University, USA) together with 11 speakers from the UK.
Who should attend?
The course is designed to provide practical advice for first opinion veterinary clinicians in addition to more detailed discussions for those involved with hospital-based foal care. It will be of value for all equine clinicians and veterinary nurses who wish to increase their knowledge of veterinary problems of the newborn and older foal. Key learning objectives:
- Review the management and care of healthy foals Learn about important diseases affecting foals in the neonatal period
- Gain practical information about how to provide critical care in the field and hospital environment
- Engage in practical small group discussions about case management Review techniques for sedation and anaesthesia of the young foal
- Learn about important conditions affecting the older foal
- Refresh your knowledge of orthopaedic disease and management of conformational abnormalities
The content will be helpful for those taking RCVS Certificate of Advanced Veterinary Practice (Equine Practice) and/or RCVS Diplomas in Equine Internal Medicine or Stud Medicine.
Delegates attending this course may claim continuing education accreditation:
RCVS members: 21 hours
Veterinary Council of Ireland: 18.5 credits
Course Fees & Registration
Before 10th October 2017 - £950 + VAT (£1,140.00)
After 10th October 2017 - £1,025 + VAT (£1,230.00)
Book your place here.
Back to news & events