Equine obesity is now one of the most common health problems for horses and ponies in the UK.
Following the success of our previous Equine 'Weight Wise' Clinics, we are inviting you to bring your horse or pony to our next clinic, which will be held at Rossdales Equine Hospital, Cotton End Road, Exning, Newmarket, CB8 7NN on the morning of Saturday, 9th November between 9.30am and 2.00pm.
The clinic is open to Rossdales clients only, it is free to attend and you will benefit from:
- One-to-one discussion about your horse or pony’s weight with Rossdales vets Mark Grant, Paul Martynski and Sarah Smith as well as experienced equine nutritionist Georgina Burgoyne from Spillers.
- Equine weighbridge to determine the accurate weight of your horse or pony.
- Advice on how to minimise the risk of laminitis and about conditions including Equine Cushing’s Disease (PPID) and Equine Metabolic Syndrome (EMS).
- Learn about body condition scoring and how to correctly use an equine weigh tape.
- Year-round advice for weight control and nutrition.
- FREE 'goody bag' for all those who attend.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO BRING YOUR HORSE OR PONY'S PASSPORT TO THIS EVENT. ALL HORSES AND PONIES ATTENDING SHOULD BE VACCINATED AGAINST EQUINE INFLUENZA AND WILL BE CHECKED BY ONE OF OUR VETERINARY TEAM BEFORE THEY ARE UNLOADED.
Book your place now! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your free place at this clinic, stating approximately what time you would like to attend between 9.30am and 2.00pm and we will do our best to accommodate your request. Appointments will last approximately 20 minutes, or 25-30 minutes if you are bringing two horses. Please note that places for this event are limited to clients of Rossdales (Newmarket and Hertfordshire) and are strictly by appointment.
Image ©the Thelwell Estate 2018
Back to news & events