This clinic is now fully booked and we are operating a wait list.
Equine obesity is now one of the most common health problems for horses and ponies in the UK.
Following the success of our Equine 'Weight Wise' Clinics last year, we are inviting you to bring your horse or pony to our next clinic, which will be held at Rossdales Equine Hospital, Cotton End Road, Exning, Newmarket CB8 7NN on the morning of Saturday, 24th August between 10.00am and 1.00pm.
The clinic is free to attend and is open to all horse owners, who will be able to benefit from:
- One-to-one discussion about your horse or pony’s weight with Rossdales vets Mark Grant, Lucy Grieve and Paul Martynski, as well as experienced equine nutritionist Georgina Burgoyne from Spillers.
- Equine weighbridge to determine the accurate weight of your horse or pony.
- Advice on how to minimise the risk of laminitis and about conditions including Equine Cushing’s Disease (PPID) and Equine Metabolic Syndrome (EMS).
- Learn about body condition scoring and how to correctly use an equine weigh tape.
- Year-round advice for weight control and nutrition.
- FREE 'goody bag' for all those who attend.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO BRING YOUR HORSE OR PONY'S PASSPORT TO THIS EVENT. ALL HORSES AND PONIES ATTENDING SHOULD BE VACCINATED AGAINST EQUINE INFLUENZA AND WILL BE CHECKED BY ONE OF OUR VETERINARY TEAM BEFORE THEY ARE UNLOADED.
Book your place now! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your free place at this clinic, stating approximately what time you would like to attend between 10.00am and 1.00pm and we will do our best to accommodate your request. Appointments will last approximately 20 minutes, or 25-30 minutes if you are bringing two horses. Everyone is welcome to attend, so spread the word!
Please note that places for this event are limited and strictly by appointment.
Image ©the Thelwell Estate 2018
Back to news & events