Business Objectives and Core Values statement
- Rossdales LLP was founded to provide independent forward-thinking world class equine veterinary services.
- We service all sectors of the equine market including racing, stud, sports and leisure equids.
- We provide a comprehensive veterinary service including ambulatory work, diagnostics, laboratory tests and medical and surgical procedures.
- We have a team of over 50 highly qualified veterinary surgeons and consultants supported by more than 100 dedicated staff.
- We provide our clients with a personal service by conducting ourselves in a caring, ethical and professional manner within a sustainable business environment.
- Our internationally recognised Continuing Professional Development courses are part of the Rossdales ethos to provide education to the profession and encourage vocational commitment to the veterinary industry.
- Every person within the practice can expect to be treated fairly, professionally and with respect.
Rossdales is the largest equine practice in Europe, providing world-class facilities and technology and employing more than 50 veterinary surgeons and over 100 support staff from our Newmarket, Exning, Hertfordshire and Lambourn bases.... but how did we get here?
The early years
It all began at the end of 1959 when Peter Rossdale set up his own practice in Dullingham Road, just outside Newmarket. Peter was later joined by other pioneering veterinary surgeons, who together formed the foundations of the now world-renowned Rossdales LLP.
After two years, the practice moved to Beaufort Cottage Stables in the centre of Newmarket, from where our equine practice still operates, serving a wide range of clients locally and across East Anglia. It is also the location for Rossdales Laboratories, which for many years has been an established market leader delivering comprehensive diagnostic laboratory referral services specifically for equine veterinary practitioners from across the UK and other EU countries.
Development of Exning site
In 1987, Rossdales Equine Diagnostic Centre was developed two miles away in Exning. Ten years later, in response to an ever-increasing surgical caseload from local clients and from referring vets around the UK, Rossdales Equine Hospital was completed at the Exning site and opened by HM The Queen the following April. She returned to Exning in October 2008 to open our new Diagnostic Centre, housing our state-of-the-art MRI and CT imaging suites, examination rooms and a standing surgery unit. At the end of 2017, our newly built Medical Intensive Care Unit admitted its first patient.
Continual investment in the latest veterinary technology, techniques and infrastructure, together with the attraction of dedicated expert and specialist equine vets, has not only ensured the creation of one of the largest Thoroughbred ambulatory practices in Europe but has also provided the facilities and expertise to encourage the development of one of the largest equine referral practices, admitting all types of equine patient.