Dealing with Youngsters for the Non-Stud Vet
Rossdales Equine Hospital, Cotton End Road, Exning, Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 7NN: 17th October 2017 (0845-1715)
This one-day course is designed for the non-stud vet to increase confidence when dealing with equine youngsters. The course will have a practical emphasis and will cover the approach to handling, evaluating and treating foals and weanlings. Specific diseases and preventative medicine will be covered.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Increase your confidence when dealing with foals and weanlings
- Refresh your knowledge of the most important diseases affecting youngsters
- Learn practical techniques in physical and chemical restraint to help when limited assistance is available
- Review a hands-on approach to evaluating conformation and dealing with the lame foal
- Gain up to date information to help you provide preventative health advice to your clients
See the full programme for this event here.
Download the Dealing with Youngsters Flyer.
Suitable for RCVS Modules: C-E.2- General medicine. C-E.7- lameness C-E.11- Care and Care and Management of Foal and Yearling, Stud Farm Management, Herd Health
Emily Haggett, BVSc, DACVIM, MRCVS, RCVS Recognised Specialist in Equine Internal Medicine Suffolk
Matt Smith BVetMed Dipl. ECVS DEO MRCVS Suffolk
Oliver Pynn BVSc CertEP MRCVS Suffolk
Charlie Cooke BVetMed BSc CertEM(StudMed) MRCVS Yorkshire
Sarah Stoneham BVSc CertESM MRCVS Yorkshire
Catriona Mackenzie BVMS Cert AVP(EM) MRCVS Suffolk
BEVA Members £245
Book your place here.